Wow, receiving awards is hard work!
We just received word of our second new blogger award in one day: The Liebster Award, “which is given to recognize and/or discover new bloggers; and welcome them to the blogosphere. ‘Liebster’ is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. This award exists only on the internet as pixels, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.”
Like the last award ‘Oh, Elwood’ received, this one comes with some “RULES.” In this case:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you. – DONE
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you. – DONE
- Nominate 11 Blogs. – (Oooh, that’s gonna take a little bit…)
- Ask the bloggers 11 questions. – (Working on that, too.)
I would like to thank Crystal Stewart of WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE for nominating us at Oh Elwood! & Friendz.
My Answers to Crystal’s questions:
- What’s Your Job and Do You Like Your Job? – I’m in a time of career transition, from communications to counseling/social work. Things are always awkward during transitions, but I have always enjoyed writing and helping people communicate their messages–and continue to do so as I work on making the switch.
- Where Do You Live? – Just outside Anchorage, Alaska.
- Do You Have Any Pets? If so, What Are They? – Two cats and a dog, whose exploits you can read about (and see) on our blog! The cats are Elwood and Blues, and our dog is named for a type of dumpling that sounds like “Ushka.”
- What Do You Do In Your Spare Time? – Recently, a lot of reading blogs, of course! In addition, I enjoy singing, playing in a Salvation Army brass band, and doing improv.
- Do You Collect Anything? – Besides cats, you mean? Ukuleles!
- Who Do You Look Up To? – I look up to anyone who stands up for their communities. Recently, since seeking and mourning a lost cat this summer, my attention has been drawn to those local heroes who do so much to try to reunite pet owners with their dogs and cats. Though our story didn’t end (yet) in a reunion, many do.
- What’s Your Favorite Sport. – I can’t even think of one that would qualify. Probably strength training comes closest, but I don’t watch weightlifting, so… Not sure!
- What’s Your Favorite Car And Why? – I love my Honda CR-V, because it is the best of many worlds: rugged, but not overly large; an SUV, but not gas-guzzling; and it’s a stick shift, so not attractive to most thieves, but is fun for me to drive.
- What’s Your Least Favorite Animal? The coyote. Let’s just say that right now I have a bit of a grudge.
- Do You Have Any Kids (Children)? Nope.
- What is Your Message And/Or Suggestions For New And Upcoming bloggers? If anyone ever tells you “you should start a blog,” jump on that. If two somebodies — or three or four do so, you already have a built-in audience. They’re committed, right? After all, it was their idea! In my case, I had a cat who got himself into crazy messes on a daily basis. Several times a day, in fact! So my friends who wanted to see more, as well as maybe some who might have preferred to see less on my timeline, suggested — nay, demanded — a blog. I leapt on it. And I made updating either my blog or the Facebook page a daily practice, just for myself. But the fact it came from others keeps me tuned in to what people are responding to, and I am learning from that.
I will be announcing my nominees (and the questions they will answer) later this month. Thank you again, Crystal!